Estate Planning Paralegal Job Description (Part-Time)
Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith, LLC is hiring!
Our law firm is hiring an Estate Planning Paralegal to join our growing practice. At the Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith, we “Empower Women through Estate Planning.” We provide a non-judgmental safe space for women to share their concerns, hopes, and dreams for themselves and their loved ones. We embrace technology. Thus, making the process of creating an estate plan as efficient as possible. Finally, we move our clients from overwhelmed to empowered once they have their estate planning portfolio. We are a law firm serving individuals in Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Howard, Baltimore and surrounding areas. If you’re committed to helping women and families move from overwhelmed to empowered, then let’s talk about how you can become the next member of our fantastic and expanding team today!
- Under the supervision of the managing attorney, produce drafts of estate planning documents (which will include, but are not limited to, wills, powers of attorney and advance directives)
- Perform accurate data entry into estate planning document software
- Conducting follow up calls with clients as needed during the document preparation process
- Assist in preparing for and participating in signing ceremonies as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a paralegal certificate, law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school having completed at least one year of study or equivalent legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted.
- Embrace our values of treating people with respect, conducting ourselves with integrity, and producing work with excellence.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be capable of clearly expressing themselves orally and in writing
- Attention to detail must be paramount.
- Must have effective time-management and organizational skills.
- Have experience with Case Management systems such as MyCase.
- Be experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe, and Zoom videoconferencing.
- Be willing to provide feedback and help us build great systems to continually improve our clients’ experience.
We are a team making an impact in accordance with our firm values. We want you to succeed and become a part of our mission to empower women through estate planning.
We offer a competitive hourly rate (up to $28 per hour), along with flexible hours, remote work options, paid time off, and a friendly and supportive environment. Only those who have been selected to move on to the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted. This is a part-time position.
Instructions: To apply, email a cover letter and your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address the correspondence to our Hiring Manager. Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. Word documents will not be accepted. The cover letter should tell us where you are currently in your professional career, why you’re looking to make a change, and how your skills can benefit the Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith and our clients. All inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Applications that do not follow the above requirements will not be considered. Visit our website (elsawsmithlaw.com) to learn more about our firm.